- Home »
How do I operate my WATERBOY?
- Fill with as much clean water as you require, either by removing the lid on top of the tank or through the hose connector in the lid.
- Plug in hose and sprayhead.
- Turn red switch on to I.
- Waterflow is controlled by squeezing sprayhead trigger.
- Turn red switch off to O when finished.
- Squeeze trigger to relieve pressure in hose before disconnecting.
Is there are a video I can watch to see how to use the WATERBOY?
- Yes. How to operate the WATERBOY link yet to be inserted here
Any warnings I need to know about?
- Do NOT operate continuously for more than 15 minutes maximum. Failure of pump or fuse could result. Allow a cool-down period of a few minutes before using again.
- Only fill with clean water. Normal soap/shampoo might be okay, but is used at owner’s risk, and tank and pump will need flushing out after use.
- Clean tank regularly and wash out any residue through opening the drain hole.
- If freezing temperatures are possible, empty tank through drain hole and run pump for a few seconds with sprayhead trigger squeezed..
How do I charge the battery without removing the battery from the WATERBOY unit?
- Plug the supplied charger into the socket on the green equipment panel, and connect to mains power, then turn on.
- Green light on charger indicates connected to battery or power.
- Red light on charger indicates charger is charging battery.
- When battery is fully charged the red light will change to green light.
- Charging time is approx. 5 hours.
What if I can’t get any 230volt power to the WATERBOY to charge it?
If mains power is unavailable close to the WATERBOY unit, the battery may be removed for charging as follows
- Open the square green equipment panel by removing the 4 knurled knobs.
- Disconnect the battery and fuse at the white connector.
- Remove the battery and fuse from the battery bracket by opening the Velcro strap.
- Use the short adaptor lead (consisting of a small socket on one end and a white connector on the other end) supplied with the charger to make connection between the charger and the battery/fuse white connector.
- Then charge as above.
- Refit battery and fuse in WATERBOY unit using Velcro strap, re-connect wiring at white connector and securely fasten equipment panel using the 4 knurled knobs.
Watch a video here…yet to be inserted.
Is any other maintenance of the WATERBOY battery required?
- For maximum battery life keep your battery charged.
- Do not forget to charge it during extended periods of non-use.
- Never leave the battery fully discharged.
- The sealed gel battery requires no other maintenance.
How do I fix the 80L or 120L WATERBOY into my horse float, truck or other vehicle?
- Secure the WATERBOY unit in place using the fastening strap provided, or something else capable of securely holding the full tank in place.
- Locate the fastening strap along the 30mm horizontal groove immediately above the square green panel.
- Holes may need to be drilled in the framework of the trailer/float/vehicle to attach the hooks of the fastening strap. Alternatively hooks or eyes may need to be welded onto the framework.
Can I buy replacement parts for my WATERBOY portable outdoor washer?
- Yes, the most popular parts are listed on our website. If the part you require is not there, please email us to find out the price.